Monday, October 13, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was thanksgiving here in Canada. I was actually excited about it since my dad is in town and we were making a big turkey dinner. I invited three of the girls that I work with who are all from out of the city ( and country for two of them) and they didn't have anywhere else to go. Can't have that!

One of the girls was terrified of animals period. Imagine a doberman when you're afraid of cats!!! I was a little concerned about this since Lexx still believes that everyone comes into this house to see HIM and demands that every single visitor scratch his ears and tell him how wonderful and handsome he is... and he's still rather bouncy about it.

Needless to say, when they got here we just put lexx outside. When i brought him in, held his collar and we greeted each person individually, staying calm and in control of our urges to jump on people ( a habit that i cannot seem to break him of when he's at home and excited to see people).

After the introduction, he just ignored everyone. Ruth even stated that she quite liked him as dogs go because he just ignored her.

He spent the majority of the evening sleeping on the couch or begging for turkey scraps ( bad boy!!) but was very calm and well behaved and I think acted as quite a good ambassador for the breed, which made me proud

No comments: