Thursday, February 12, 2009

I dreamed of ribbons...

I pictured it all in my head, watched shows, read books and scanned the net for any bit of information I could cram into my already academically full head.

I researched and researched and compared and contrasted, colours, lines, origins, ear crops

I begged and convinced and pleaded.. for my perfect dog

The image was all laid out in my head. The perfect dog. The big, strong, red doberman boy with the perfectly pricked ears and alert tail. The perfectly dremmeled nails and muscular chest, coat gleaming in the sun, in perfection.

I decided that I would prove them all wrong with my gloriously handsome boy at my side. I would show them all how wonderful this breed was, how powerful and obedient and strong they were.

I dreamed of ribbons, red, blue and gold hanging on the wall beside his picture.

I dreamed of titles, letters before and after his name.

I never dreamed of tears and heartbreak.

I never dreamed of health problems and impossibilities of training.

I never dreamed of blood work and MRIs and orthopedic surgeons

I never dreamed of broken dreams and the type of pain and fear that makes you want to die.

But I also never dreamed of the type of love I now have the honour of having.

I never dreamed of being "needed" like I am now.

I never dreamed of the amazing, perfect greeting I get every single day

I never dreamed of my best friend in the entire world.



And to think... all I dreamed of was ribbons...

2 comments:

Nature Girl said...

Beautiful!!! Perfect! You have your dream doggy...just in a different package! Luv you guys!

TabLVT said...

Great post, Leanne! It gave me goose bumps. You and Lexx are a great team =)