Yesterday on our evening walk, in the snow, Lexx and I came across my neighbour with the Deer hound Harper. Lexx and Harper have hung out together before, but Harper isn't much of a player and Lexx gets bored with him easily. However, it turns out that Harper has a new little brother named Harlem, a great pyranese/border collie cross pup who is 5 months.
She asked if we wanted to go play at the park, a question that i tentatively agreed to, since I've been unsure of Lexx's ability to cope with other dogs since his attack. I said we'd go, but I'd keep Lexx on a leash until I was certain that he would be ok around the male pup.
The puppy play bowed immediately and lexx bowed back jumping and leaping and asking me to allow him to play. So i did. The two of them bounded through the snow, followed by lumbering Harper. I kept a 100% two eye watch on lexx's behaviour and corrected any sniffing, posturing or pink thing appearances. They played together for around 25 minutes of non stop fun, with absolutely no problems other than the fact that Lexx out ran both of them by 10x in speed, grace and beauty ( in mom's opinion). My neighbour was star struck with how fast and agile Lexx was, commenting several times on his extreme speed.
After our small adventure we trotted home. Lexx happy because he had a good romp and got to eat lots of snow and mom happy because her baby was such a good boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment