Thursday, November 27, 2008

loose leash CLICK

Yesterday, Lexx and I braved the blowing snow to go on our evening walk before i collapsed in exhaustion due to my current flu bug.

I put him on a martingale collar ( flat, no chain) and clipped on the 6ft leather training leash i love to death ( best thing ever in the whole entire world) and off we went.

after walking halfway around the block ( about 500m) i realized... wait... he's not pulling. he's not twisting... he's not..doing anything!

And i glanced down and there was my baby lexx ball, ears up, body straight, TROTTING with all four legs nice and straight and even at my side.

The dream didn't last the entire walk, following someone was very difficult (FRIENDS!) but I am totally and completely AMAZED by his behaviour. I thought i would never ever be able to walk him on a normal collar and enjoy it.

maybe he really IS growing up!

No comments: