Friday, November 28, 2008

Training update-nov 28

I'm still sick, but i spent 15 minutes working on training with lexx this afternoon to try to pass the time. Result: i'm exhausted, ny neck is KILLING from looking at him...

It took me longer than normal to get lexxball's attention today. He was listening to the commands, but he wasn't really engaged. It bothers me when he's like that. I prefer for him to be OVER excited about training and bouncing and jumping then just kinda dragging along through the movements like a machine.

Some focus games brought him back a little bit and we did some short heeling exercises. He's still having issues with the inside turns, his bum doesn't move but he tries to keep his shoulders in line with me. poor thing always looks confused.

I got about 5 excellent sits today!!! the first one that he did was amazing. The more "in focus" he is, the better that his sits seem to be. Im concentrating on HIGH VALUE reward for perfect sits, and i refuse to treat a crooked one. Maybe he'll get it eventually.

Finishes are getting better though i still need to step back for the left hand finish. I need to get it to the point where he'll move himself into position more.

We also worked on the STAND from SIT today without moving forward. He definitely won't just pop his back end up, but he's not looking all confused about STAND anymore and will hold it while i walk around him in a circle. I'll have to continue this and move to the stand for examination phase.

progression is being seen.

No comments: