Monday, January 5, 2009

the Return of Lamb

Months ago I was overly tempted by all the adorable dog toys at the pet store and broke down to buy lexx a giant stuffed Lamb. Needless to say it was a huge hit and he pranced all over the house with it for at least 3 days straight.

About 3 days later however, he brought it to me, dropped it at my feet and gave me sad eyes. "mom! its BROKKKEENN". He had managed to rip two small holes in the side of it. Unlike your ordinary dog that would take this as an invitation to go into "destroy the stuffie" mode, lexx was sad that his toy was leaking fluff. I would have laughed except that he looked too sad.

Needless to say, lamb has been living on a high shelf in Kyle's office since that day, as i'm completely incompetent when it comes to anything sewing related, and I just couldn't bring myself to throw him out.

When my parents were visiting over xmas, my dad noticed lamb and offered to sew him up like new with some strong industrial thread.

WOW. return of LAMB!! Lexx was just as excited as the first time, It was like he remembered his once favourite toy and has again been prancing all over the house with his lamb-ball.

I noticed last night that he's already put another hole in poor lamb. I think he'll need another patch job as soon as possible. good thing Kyle can sew.

I wish i could post pictures of how happy lexx is with Lamb, I'll get on that!

1 comment:

M.T. said...

Bah ... if only Dante had half the stuffie savvy of Lexx!!!