Lexx had his follow up appointment today with Dr. Kilburn ( who is back from vegas.. jealous jealous jealous...)
He seemed rather dopey and out of it all morning, including when he was in the examination room. Even though I'm obviously hoping for improvement in that department, at least the doc could see what I'd been talking about and didn't think I was a big nut bag.
I took photos of his paw in case he didn't show signs of weakness while we were there, but he did, so good boy proving that mom isn't dumb.
Dr. Kilburn ran some neurological tests on him and was a little perturbed at the weakness and shaking in his hind end, but ironically he seems more BALANCED now (in terms of both sides suck, rather than one being worse) which is odd. He watched him run, walk, trot and sit/lay down. He also tested his reflexs ( gag reflex, eyes, ears, etc) and pain tolerance in his abdomen.
We aren't sure if the dullness is being caused by pain, so he's been placed back on the pain drugs for a few days to see if that makes a difference at all.
Don't you know it, lexx throws up a HUGE pile of grass in the examination room ( lovely) so he's been put on Pepcid to help with his poor little tummy.
His stitches were removed and his head was xrayed to ensure that the shunt was properly placed, which it is. Using the piece installed above the valve he tested to make sure that the shunt was working, which it is. So that is all good. The tubing has actually uncoiled a lot since the surgery, so he's also happy with that aspect.
Ironically, Lexx is looking great this afternoon. Bright eyes, tail and ears erect and alert, trotting instead of dull dragging walking. He's currently napping, but I feel that things will get better and I'm so glad we had this appointment so that I could ask all of my questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment