Poor lexx, he's so bored.
Since his stitches don't come out until next tuesday, he has to remain calm and on leash. CALM. I don't know how many male dobermans, or dobermans in general that you have met, but CALM is NOT a part of his vocabulary. Me forcing him to remain CALM has directly caused him to become BORED.
He wants to run and play, but I won't let him... and his body won't let him. After out 2k walk this morning, he was TIRED, dragging behind me ( very un lexx like) and droopy. But then kicks in the "toddler" syndrome. Exhausted, but won't sleep. He paces.. around and around.. and around. No distracting him with toys, treats, bones...sleep? nothing.
I have to admit, he's been excellent about ringing his bell to go outside. Since Lexx's brain issues ( or the drugs he is on because of the brain issues) have caused his housetraining to falter dramatically, I'm still puppy obsessed with putting him out to pee. I don't bother to wait for him to ask, because he's had so many accidents. Its just like a 10 week old, out after eating, out ofter playing, out after napping. Its exhausting.
Since his surgery though, no accidents ( yet) and he's been ringing his bell on the door to inform us of needing out. It seems that he doesn't have to pee nearly as much now, because if I take him out without him ringing his bell, 85% of the time he won't pee and just stands there and stares at me blankly.
However! this whole I ring my bell = mom lets me outside thing has come to bite me back. For the first time in 6 months its 20C outside and SUNNY and glorious and Lexx just wants to be OUT all the time. OUT OUT OUT MOM! OUT! bing bing bing. He comes in for 2 minutes and BING he wants out again. I don't want to discourage bell ringing, or what it means, so EVERY time i take him out. He soaks up sun.
Im exhausted. Getting up at 5, puppysitting all day, working until 11pm and going to bed at 1.. is NOT a good routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment