Well! since Lexx's surgery I've been home pretty much 24/7 with him except a few hours in the evening when I manage to SQUEEZE in some time in the lab.
Today, for the first time, I decided that he needed to do something NOT with me and Kyle and I planned for him to spend a portion of the afternoon at Kyle's job with him.
Lexx has never really been to work with Kyle except a few random times the first summer that we had him, when among other things he managed to fall into a 4 ft deep post hole and get stuck.
So, we decided that I would drop Lexx off and leave him while I was grocery shopping, that way if it was a disaster, he'd only be there for a short period.
Turns out that he was FANTASTIC. He supervised the deck building process, chewed on his marrow bone for a bit and then passed out in the sunshine.
I returned from my shopping with banana popsicles for the guys and sat around chatting for a few minutes, sharing my popsicle with Lexx.
We then decided that I could leave him there the rest of the afternoon so that Kyle could work later and not hinder my SQUEEZING of lab hours.
Kyle reports that he was fantastic, but that he missed me and sat by the gate with his sad ears on whining for awhile after I left. At one point the wind blew and the gate moved and he got excited that MOMMY was back, and proceeded to be very disappointed when I, in fact, was not.
I got greeted with a TON of nubbins when I got home from the lab, like he hadn't seen me in DAYS
I love that he misses me but was still such a good boy. He's growing up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He's such a good boy :) Sometimes i think, just give me a mellow, laid back Doberboy! I get tired of the bundle bossiness i have to deal with every now and then :p
Lexx is such a good boy! Don't you love it when you're missed? =)
Post a Comment