Well, now that lexx's diagnosis is in, I've not only spent the last three days in a complete daze, but also loving every single second of being with him.
The weekend was all good times, Lexx was high energy after recovering from the anesthetics on friday and our walk consisted of two speeds, ZOOMIE and stop. It was wonderful to see him bouncing around with energy. Maybe he forgot that he was sick. I spent the day at the Orangeville dog show, but Kyle sent me reports that Lexx seemed to have forgotten that he was water soluble and was running around in the backyard in the rain with no issues getting wet. Auntie Kristin came over to visit after the show and Lexx, in true Lexx style, was all nubbins of joy for HIS visitor.
Sunday we spent the entire morning cleaning the house, meaning that Lexxball was there helping his mom at every turn. Mom? can I do the laundry? Look how good I am at shaking the clothing dry.... MOM? Can I vaccuum? Look! I can chase the vaccuum and pick up ALL the left over kitty hair. MOM!! I'm helping see? He is always stuck to me like glue lately. Cannot leave my side... only for napping.
Walks on sunday were in the rain, and once again, no issues with getting wet. How lucky am I? TWO days in a row with a bouncy Lexxball that seemed happy and joyful and full of puppy energy.
Yesterday wasn't as good a day, he simply resolved to trotting beside me instead of zoomies.. he seemed a bit more sleepy and "off". The mother in law was visiting last night and Lexx doesn't particularly like her. Most likely because I don't like her and she stresses me out. Being intuitive like he is, he did all his worst things, jumped on her, ran at her, chased the kitties in front of her. With a smug sense of satisfaction he then curled up on the couch like. HA! I don't LIKE you. And my MOMMY doesn't EITHER. GO AWAY.
Today I plan to speak with Karen regarding the after treatment required for Lexx's proposed surgery... Then I have to figure out how I'm possibly going to find the money to pay for it.
I have no idea how... all I know is that I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's so funny Lexx doesn't like your MIL! LOL!
For the surgery, does Canada have Care Credit? It's a credit card for veterinary services and you pay it off with no interest. A lot of people use it and love it. Just a thought.
Post a Comment